Call for BIPOC Art
SiNY is seeking visual artwork submissions from New York City based alumni for consideration for exhibition in our Stanford in New York Center in the Flatiron District.
Stanford in New York (SiNY) is excited to announce its first ever call-for-art
Located in one of the most diverse cities in the world, SiNY seeks to partner with artists who reflect and represent the rich and varied cultures of NYC and its neighborhoods. The artwork should speak to the language, heritage, history, and identity of NYC.
SiNY is accepting submissions from BIPOC Artists who have graduated from Stanford University and currently live in NYC.
Chosen artist will receive up to $5,000 to display their work at our Stanford in New York Center and participate in the following events:
- Open house event to debut artwork in late Sept/early Oct with Fall 2022 students and local SU alumni
- Workshop of artist’s choosing with Winter 2023 SiNY students
- A panel organized, moderated by, or featuring artist for Spring 2023 students and local SU alumni
Artwork must be able to mount on wall and take no floor space. Artwork will be on loan to the SiNY Center from mid-September 2022 to mid-June 2023.
Submissions are due by June 28th.
- Stanford Alumni
- Available for three events
- Able to meaningfully occupy scale of the Wall Spaces
- Relevant to the theme
- June 28th submission deadline
- Only on-site, physical works will be chosen
- Acceptable mediums: painting, drawing, textile, photography, printmaking.
- * Preferably not digital elements; we currently do not have the ability to display.
Red Wall Space: 8 feet x 8.5 feet maximum, 6 inches deep, plus optional white Pillar Space: 18 inches x 4 sides, 6 feet maximum height.