Madrid Research and Internships
- Students are offered immeasurable opportunities to engage with local culture through an internship experience. Internships range from working with NGOs, local schools, consulting, and more.
- Please click here to view a list of possible internships.
- Students are not permitted to reach out to internship organizations.
- This course is designed for students with a clear interest in developing a professional career in the field of healthcare. Through this course, students will participate in a medical internship at a private local hospital within an academic framework of reflection and analysis. The academic component will allow the student to structure their experience in the hospital and will help provide a better perspective of the Spanish health system, while also improving their knowledge/vocabulary in the field of healthcare.
- Please note: OSPMADR 92 Clinical Internship will be offered Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters. The faculty for Autumn, Winter and Spring is a doctor in medicine.
- Students interested in the medical internship in Winter quarter no longer have to register to OSPMADRD 60.
For additional information regarding internships, students are encouraged to reach out to Claudia Sanchez, the Academic Coordinator in Madrid.
The prerequisite for the both courses is completion of SPANLANG 11 or 21B or placement.
Undergraduate Student Grants for Research
Several grants are available through VPUE that can help support research abroad, including the Chappell Lougee Scholarship and Major Grant. For specific details regarding grant deadlines, eligibility, and policies for off-campus research, please visit the Student Grants Website.