Santiago Language Prerequisite
Most courses offered in Santiago are conducted in Spanish, and students continue their language studies while participating in the program. The grading basis for Spanish language classes is Letter Grade Only.
- Participants must have completed SPANLANG 3 or SPANLANG 2A.
- Students who have not placed out of the 2nd-year Spanish language sequence are required to enroll in 2nd-Year Spanish while in Santiago. In addition to formal language classes, students can enroll in a 2-unit language tutorial and may work individually with a language tutor.
Stanford Language Center
- All students, including native speakers, are expected to demonstrate their level of language ability (writing, verbal and reading) by providing results of a recent language placement test (taken within the last 10 months) or previous coursework. Students who have already begun SPANLANG coursework at Stanford will be placed according to the last SPANLANG class completed and should not take a placement test.
- Students who have taken language coursework at another institution or are native speakers will require a valid language placement test, taken within the last 10 months, in order to be placed appropriately.
- If you need to take a placement test, please click here for the updated testing schedule. Please complete the written exam before the time of your oral interview. For any questions, please contact the Language Center (email@example.com) with "BOSP" specified in the subject line.
In addition to formal language classes, students have the option to enroll in a 2-unit language tutorial and may work individually with a language tutor.