Each year, BOSP invites Stanford Academic Council faculty to apply to lead a Global Seminar during the Summer Quarter of the following academic year. These programs are taught by Stanford faculty in locations that directly relate to the course topic and engage countries not served by BOSP's quarter-length programs.
Summer Quarter 2024-25 applications will open in Autumn Quarter 2023-24. Applications will be due on February 15, 2024. Selected faculty will be notified in Spring Quarter 2024-25.
Please visit the Apply to be a Faculty Leader webpage for complete details about the application process and a link to the application form.
Who Can Apply?
Global Seminar proposals are accepted from any current Stanford faculty member who:
- belongs to the Academic Council, and
- has an appointment of 75% or more in their home department.
Non-tenure track Stanford faculty may be considered occasionally, as may emeriti. Please inquire about your specific circumstances.
Why Should I Apply?
Faculty Leaders serve as mentors and role models for students exploring a new environment and participate in what many students regard as a highlight of their Stanford years. Many Stanford faculty members find these programs to be a rewarding and memorable experience, which offer the following benefits:
- Teaching small classes and connecting with students
- Participating in field-based and community-based study and research
- Working with students across different academic disciplines and class years
- Making connections with colleagues, libraries, and research projects in the host country