Photo: Toledo is a dreamy, ancient city not too far from Madrid. We spent our first weekend in Spain roaming around it’s narrow streets. Here, a moment of rest is captured in the garden of Cristo de la Luz Mosque. This mosque overlooks an astonishing view of Toledo and represents the city’s Hispano-Islamic history.
To achieve the goals of educating students for global citizenship with the necessary competencies for negotiating and acting within a global horizon, BOSP offers rigorous academic and experiential programming, affording students an opportunity to be more reflective about the world and their place within it by:
- teaching sensitivity to cultural and political differences through critical study of contemporary issues regionally and globally;
- fostering student confidence in their ability to adapt to new challenges and diverse circumstances;
- challenging students to deepen their language skills and cultural knowledge through cultural immersion;
- teaching students to become more adept at cross-cultural communication and international problem solving;
- offering students opportunities to connect what they learn in the classroom with other aspects of their lives and experience.
Students returning from overseas study begin to achieve that kind of integration. Our goal is to help students better achieve integration between their local ambitions and global aspirations, better prepared to meet the responsibilities of local, national, and global citizenship.